Robert Sénéchal was the winner of the first-ever British Grand Prix and built sports cars in a workshop in Courbevoie from 1921 to 1929 and often drove them in races.
The first Sénéchal car was powered by a 6 HP four-cylinder 750cc Ruby engine, with only two gears and no differential. At the end of 1923, Sénéchal entered into a five-year joint venture with Chenard & Walcker, who made Sénéchal cars at its Gennevilliers works until 1929.
Sénéchal ended his personal association with the manufacturing side of Chenard & Walcker in 1927, and acquired a garage on Boulevard Péreire in Paris and the “Auto Stand” showroom on the Champs Elysées. Here he operated as a dealer for Delage. Between 1921 and 1929 around 5,000 Sénéchal cars were built.